Get ready for 100 years of wedding fashions in one-hundred and eighty seconds! This video is really fun for future brides shopping for a wedding gown. As you watch, be aware that it’s easy for your wedding gown budget to get out of control:
Here’s the deal when it comes to selecting your wedding gown: take some advice from brides who’ve already done it. Brides.com reported on a survey of brides and grooms conducted by the online wedding registry company, zola.com, AFTER their wedding had come and gone.
Here’s where wedding couples wish they’d spent less:
In other words, these couples had spent their budget, and the bills had come due. When asked what they wish they had spent LESS money on, wedding day attire came in #4 on the list, along with:
- Flowers & Decor (22% wish they had spent less)
- Hair & Makeup (20% wish they had spent less)
- Catering (19% wish they had spent less)
- Day-of Wedding Attire (19% wish they had spent less)
- Invitations (17% wish they had spent less)
This doesn’t mean the gown isn’t important. It is. After all, when these same newlyweds were asked what wedding elements actually made their wedding unforgettable, day-of-wedding attire was #4 on the list (behind the DJ, which was #3 on the list!).
Simply use common sense. Don’t blow your wad on the gown. According to The Knot, the average bride spent $1509 on her wedding gown budget in 2017. Be sure to save budget for your entertainment. When these couples were asked for the top five wedding elements that they wish they had spent MORE on, the DJ made the list:
- Videographer (25% wish they had spent more)
- Photographer (22% wish they had spent more)
- Wedding Planner/Coordinator (20% wish they had spent more)
- Flowers & Decor (12% wish they had spent more)
- DJ/Band (10% wish they had spent more)
Couples just like you say that DJ entertainment actually made their wedding more unforgettable than their gown.
So when it is time to select a DJ company for your upcoming wedding celebration, go with the company that gives you a lot of entertainment for the value: Denon & Doyle, the wedding entertainment specialist. Make sure you leave enough in your budget for decor lighting and photo booth!